A MEXICAN chain restaurant in Utah was closed by health authorities over the weekend after a video of one of their new employees peeing in the corner of the kitchen went viral.
A customer at the drive-thru filmed the scene on Sunday morning as he was so shocked that he didn’t think anyone would believe him if he told them.
The video shows the unsuspecting employee shake and zip himself back up before returning to work.
The popular Rancherito’s Mexican Food restaurant in Draper, Utah, fired the unnamed employee immediately. He has also had his food handler permit revoked by the state. Reported Thesun
The man who took the video, Robert Talivakola, told KSL: “I love Rancherito’s. I’ve eaten their many times. It’s just kind of disturbing when you see this,”
“You kind of don’t want to go back. You kind of just like want to stay away. I honestly don’t think I’m going to eat at that location anymore.”
The entire restaurant was immediately deep cleaned after it was shut down following what manager Perla Lee described as an isolated incident.
“Everything is being sanitized, every single thing.” Lee said
The restaurant has since re-opened following a complete re-inspection with the state health department including verification of employee training.