You may have to carry your Aadhaar number when going to salons to have a haircut. The Tamil nadu State government has mandated salon owners to maintain a register of their customers, including their Aadhaar number.
The measure is aimed at containing the spread of Covid-19 and facilitate contact tracing.
According to Livemint , Standard operating procedure for the salons, beauty parlours and spas, they have to maintain a record of the name, phone number, address, Aadhaar number of the customers.
Here are the other conditions laid down for salons, beauty parlours and spas:
- The total number of seats, only 50 percent of the seats should be occupied by the customers with due space between them. Only a minimum number of customers should be allowed to wait
- Employees should wear hand gloves and face masks and must wash their hands before attending to customers.
- The blade used for one customer should not be used for another and the used blades should be removed safely. Removed hair, face pack used etc., should be removed safely.
- Headbands and towels one used for a customer should not be reused before washing.
- Hair straightening machine, hair curling machine, spa stones and heater, slimming equipment, face and hair steamers, laser hair remover, hood face dryers and sanitizers should be cleaned with sanitiser before and after use
- Owners should not allow employees having cold, cough or fever symptoms from working and ask them to approach a doctor immediately.
- Air Condition facilities should not be used and all windows should be opened for ensuring good air circulation.
- The owners and workers of the salons, beauty parlours and spas should avoid touching their nose, mouth and eyes often.
However, the order did not mention whether saloons should refuse to offer service to those without Aadhaar numbers or not willing to provide the number
Like this story? Share it with a friend!